Greetings all.

I'm trying to enable suexec with a new apache2 installation. When I compile and install, I don't get an enabled message with httpd -l:

Output of httpd -l
------------------
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_authn_file.c
  mod_authn_default.c
  mod_authz_host.c
  mod_authz_groupfile.c
  mod_authz_user.c
  mod_authz_default.c
  mod_auth_basic.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_filter.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_ssl.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_suexec.c            <-- note
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_so.c
------------------

But suexec is there in my /usr/local/apache2/bin dir as configured, and as installed with make install-

-rwsr-xr-x   1 root     system     61344 Apr 15 11:06 suexec

Does anyone see anything wrong with these config directives?
    --enable-suexec \
      --with-suexec-bin=/usr/local/apache2/bin \
      --with-suexec-caller=apache2 \
      --with-suexec-userdir=WWW \
      --with-suexec-logfile=/usr/logs/apache2/suexec_log \
      --with-suexec-uidmin=16 \
      --with-suexec-gidmin=14

My config.log file says this for suexec:
configure:19007: checking whether to enable mod_suexec
configure:19043: result: checking dependencies
configure:19047: checking whether to enable mod_suexec
configure:19059: result: yes (default)

If I bring the server up, no mention is made in the error.log of suexec, and no suexec log is created. Also I get a complaint if I try to set a SuexecUserGroup directive saying that that is only for suexec servers.

I'm on Tru64 5.1A.  Any help very greatly appreciated.

Ann Cantelow