Hi Rex, Jan told all in detail i guess. I was about to start typing for you.
Anyway, just an addition to that, try googling about Pre-fork and worker-MPM
mode. In the second, you can limit the processes by configuring more threads
for each process (threads serve requests here). But there might be an
increase in CPU %.

Regards
Prasanna Ram