On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Rex C. Eastbourne
> <rex.eastbou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have both the worker mpm and phpmyadmin installed on
>> Ubuntu? When I run "apt-get install phpmyadmin", it tries to remove
>> apache2-mpm-worker and install apache2-mpm-prefork. I'm trying to
>> figure out if there is a workaround for this (I also asked on a
>> phpmyadmin forum but haven't heard back yet.)
>
> This is probably for thread-safety reasons. Maybe you can just remove
> mod_php and use PHP-as-cgi (or fastcgi).

Thanks, Eric. I kept the apache2-mpm-worker package and installed
php5-cgi. However, now I have the problem that my PHP files aren't
getting executed. When I set permissions to 755 (751 just gives me a
403 message), my browser recognizes the php files as
"application/x-httpd-php" and attempts to download them. I Googled
this issue and it looks like I should be adding something like the
following to my Apache conf file:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 php
Action application/x-httpd-php5 /usr/local/bin/php-cgi

However, when I do this, Apache gives the following error message:

"Invalid command 'Action', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration"

I Googled that error message, but I couldn't find a clear course of
action. So I come to this mailing list.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks,

Rex