sathya sai wrote:
> Thanks guys for your continous support :-)
>
> From http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3879.txt, I could understand that
> IPv6 site local address (FEC0 prefixed) is deprecated  and not the link
> local address (FC80 prefix).
>
> I think, now I would need to see if I can somehow specify the link local
> address without scope-id in my client. Mozilla and IE web browsers
> definitely seems to be not allowing me to do it.

Ok; now I have a better sense.  For Mozilla, please do install the
http-headers add-in, so you can see what is being transmitted.

>From RFC4007 section 11.2, referring to %zone_id;

   It cannot be assumed that indices are common across all nodes in a
   zone (see Section 6).  Hence, the format MUST be used only within a
   node and MUST NOT be sent on the wire unless every node that
   interprets the format agrees on the semantics.

I read this to say that zone_id's should not be propogated in httpd
headers.  There is another question of whether the %zone_id should be
permitted in proxy machine names, listen directives, etc.

Can you spell out for us if Mozilla and IE refuse to let you specify
the %zone_id in the request, and if so, do they try to pass it on in
the Host; header (look using common sniffing tools such as the http
headers add-in)?