On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, MK wrote:

However, all my CGI files are now unable to write a log or db
*anywhere*.  I modified the http.conf to match my previous one ("Allow
all"), but this did not make any difference.  SELinux is disabled on my
system.

There is a myriad of build options, you'll need to
A: (fastest)
Look at the repository for the source version, then look at how they built apache and make sure you built the same

B: (slowest)
1/ paste how you built apache in here
2/ include relevant sections of httpd.conf
else its just a time wasting guessing game :)

--
Res

-Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers