On 06/05/2009 07:46:47 PM, Res wrote:

> There is a myriad of build options, you'll need to
> A: (fastest)
> Look at the repository for the source version, then look at how
> they built apache and make sure you built the same

You mean how the stock FC10 was built?  Considering I am using "the"
apache manual, I would hope this does not matter w/r/t to an incredibly
basic issue: my cgi-bin files cannot write to anywhere.  Also, I prefer
to learn to use and understand apache rather than trying to just
replicate a single scenario which, evidently, I do not understand.  I
should be able to run httpd and have the cgi scripts read/write files.
I do not believe that is an "optional" feature of a web server.

So I will pick option B:

> B: (slowest)
> 1/ paste how you built apache in here
> 2/ include relevant sections of httpd.conf
> else its just a time wasting guessing game :)

1) ./configure
   make
   make check -- there is no check
   make test -- there is no test
   make install (everything seems ok!)

2) <Directory "/var/www/html">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
   </Directory>

I suppose that is insecure, but I am just using this on my desktop.

Again, SELinux is disabled.

--MK