On 06/06/2009 07:47:35 AM, André Warnier wrote:

> Taking it from here, and one tiny step at a time.
> (Sorry to be httpd-101 kind of level, but it pays to be really
> systematic)

No, please do.  I have never paid much attention to apache and am
totally ignorant about it.  There really seems to be no where else to
go for guidance; "www.apacheforum.com" is abandoned (all of threads
have 0 replies, it is just collecting spam, etc).

> As which user is Apache running ?

Looks like my old stock httpd runs as "apache" but the new one was
running as "daemon".  That did it.  Thanks André!

The new passenger module built with the 2.2.11 source works fine under
the old stock apache anyway.  But I feel more self-reliant if I can
depend on being able to recompile...

__MK__