thomas2004 schrieb:
> I have to some correction as follow:
>

>> Once you make sure that there is an Apache running, then you could try the
>>
> following :
>
>> enter the command :
>> telnet web-mycompany.com 80
>> GET / HTTP/1.0
>>

>> (the second line above, you have to enter "blind", because there will be no
>>
> echo; the third line is just a "return")
>
>> Do you get something ?
>>

> After I entered "telnet web-mycompany.com 80" I got followings:
>
> Trying 172.23.17.38...
>
> I think here is the problem. What should I do?
>
> Yes, I got the line which shows the Apache is listening.
> tcp        0      0 172.23.17.8:80              0.0.0.0:*
> LISTEN      21625/httpd

Your output of the netstat command show that your server listens on the ip
172.23.17.8, but you tried to telnet to 172.23.17.38. That would explain why
you could not connect to!
Try
telnet 172.23.17.8 80
HEAD / HTTP/1.0         # after this line hit twice the enter key and you
should get an output

Another way to test you webserver is as Krist suggested:

> A more comfortable way to test your webserver from your commandline is
> with the curl or wget command (every linux distribution has them, i
> prefer curl)

> So do for example:
> curl http://localhost
> or
> wget http://localhost

Of course here you have to replace localhost with the actual ip or hostname of
your server. So in your case this would be:
curl http://172.23.17.8
to test your webserver, because as you can see from your netstat output your
server only listens on the ip 172.23.17.8

cheers,
wolfgang