On Fri, 2009-25-12 at 12:23 +0100, André Warnier wrote:
> Kaustubh Deorukhkar wrote:
> > I am naive user..but this is what comes to my mind...please see if this
> > helps
> >
> > - create seperate logs per website...
> >
> > SetEnvIf Referer www\.mydomain1\.com site1_request
> > CustomLog logs/mydomain1_log common env=site1_request
> >
> > SetEnvIf Referer www\.mydomain2\.com site2_request
> > CustomLog logs/mydomain2_log common env=site2_request
> >
> This won't work. The "referer" is the name of the system the request
> comes *from*, not the host who serves it.
> As Lukreme mentions, you can have (and probably the OP has) different
> logfiles for each website, with Virtual Hosts.
> But I believe the OP's issue is different.  The "logwatch" he's talking
> about is probably some utility which monitors several logfiles at once.
> But let him explain.

Logwatch is a Linux/Unix utility that reports on whatever logs it is
requested to report.  Here is the description from the MAN file.

"
LogWatch is a customizable, pluggable log-monitoring system.  It will go
through your logs for a given period of time and make a report in
the areas that you wish with the detail that you wish.  Easy to use -
works right out of the package on almost all systems.
"

Normally HTTPD logs are reported along with any other system logs.  Here
is a sample of this morning's (remarkably small!) report for my server.
Most mornings this report is several hundred lines long; mostly hackers.

 --------------------- httpd Begin ------------------------

A total of 2 unidentified 'other' records logged
  GET /err HTTP/1.1 with response code(s) 404 1 responses
  GET /./err HTTP/1.1 with response code(s) 404 1 responses

Requests with error response codes
  GET /err HTTP/1.1 with response code(s) 404 1 responses
  GET /././.html HTTP/1.1 with response code(s) 403 1 responses
  GET /./.html HTTP/1.1 with response code(s) 403 1 responses
  GET /./err HTTP/1.1 with response code(s) 404 1 responses
  GET /.html HTTP/1.1 with response code(s) 403 1 responses

Regards,

John