From: Reese [howel...@inkworkswell.com]
Sent: 01/19/2010 05:24 PM EST
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] Rewrite Voodoo pt. 2

On 19-Jan-10 17:16, Peter J Milanese wrote:
Have to throw in something here. Tom gave you the right answers. What
exactly is 'one of those'?

RTFM is not always the "right" answer to the question asked.

The list is comprised of good questions and answers. Not part time
employees :)

My efforts are unpaid as well, you would be correct to think of this
as my foaf effort for a good cause.

My attempt was:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule  ^(www\.)?domain\.ext/subdomain/(.*)$
subdomain\.domain\.ext/$2 [R=301,L]

I now think this would be better:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule  ^domain\.ext/subdomain/(.*)$ subdomain\.domain\.ext/$2
[R=301,L]

but I don't know why. Or if it will work. Or why. I'd like to know why.

Reese