Have to throw in something here. Tom gave you the right answers. What exactly
is 'one of those'?

The list is comprised of good questions and answers. Not part time employees :)

----- Original Message -----
From: Reese [howel...@inkworkswell.com]
Sent: 01/19/2010 05:05 PM EST
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] Rewrite Voodoo pt. 2

On 19-Jan-10 10:33, Tom Evans wrote:

RewriteRules operate over the part of the URL after the host and
before the query string, so you would be wanting to try out
RewriteCond.

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewriterule
, in particular the section labelled 'What is matched'.

"If you wish to match against the hostname, port, or query string, use a
RewriteCond with the %{HTTP_HOST}, "

I'm still not seeing it.

Could any of you be less opaque - or less of a delicate flower?

I provided my best guess and asked for help. Neither "the consequent
is a result of the precedent" nor "Read here" is of help to any
except those who qualify as BoFH operators. Please don't be one of
those, it could result in this whole list getting a bad reputation.

Reese