I've a client running Apache on a MSWindows server with an intermittent crashing web server service.

[1] Names & Versions:

OS Name    Microsoft® Windows® Web Server 2008
Version    6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

C:\oracle\ora81\Apache\Apache\Apache.exe -v
Server version: Apache/1.3.12 (Win32)
Server built:   Nov  8 2000 20:08:38

Service: OracleOraHome81HTTPServer

[2] SSL / https

[3] Apparently, the service crashes when accessed by Firefox browsers, not Internet Explorer.

[4] Following error_log message correlates with crashed service; but, service does NOT always crash when this error occurs:

[crit] (10038)An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket: Parent: WSADuplicateSocket failed for socket 284.

It is always: "10038" ; always "WSADuplicateSocket" ; always "socket 284"

What else do you need to identify the root cause?

How can we correct this problem and prevent this problem from recurring?

I appreciate all assistance in resolving this issue.

If ever I can be of service to you; contact me at once.

I wish for you a truly extraordinary day ...

--
Best Regards,

Mike Schleif
612-235-6060