On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Mike Schleif <m...@helices.org> wrote:
> I'd settle for any ideas from the Apache community.  How would you
> troubleshoot this as a web server issues?
>
> What is Apache error # 10038?

That isn't an Apache error code, it is a windows error code (did you
try googling for it?) that is raised when an application tries to do
socket operations on something that isn't a socket.

> Where are Apache configurations for sockets?

In 1.3, there are none.

> How could a Firefox browser session introduce a socket to a session that is
> NOT introduced in an IE session?

Application bug?

> Thank you, for your consideration.  I'm simply trying to troubleshoot this
> as far as I can.
>
> Also, I initially prepared this client for a scenario that we may need to
> REJECT Firefox browsers at session initialization.  What may be the
> simplest, most effective way to accomplish this?

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} Firefox
RewriteRule ^ - [F]

Cheers