On 9/2/2010 7:51 AM, Javier Arancibia wrote:
> you have oracle. Open a metalink ticket,
>
> Javier
> Mike Schleif
> <m...@helices.org>
> Para
> 30/08/2010 15:33          users@httpd.apache.org
> cc
>
> Por favor, Asunto responda a
> Re: [us...@httpd] Intermittent crashing web server service
>
> On 8/28/2010 10:39 PM, Frank Gingras wrote:
>   >  On 08/28/2010 03:28 PM, Mike Schleif wrote:
>   >>  I've a client running Apache on a MSWindows server with an
>   >>  intermittent crashing web server service.
>   >>
>   >>  [1] Names&  Versions:
>   >>
>   >>  OS Name Microsoft® Windows® Web Server 2008
>   >>  Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
>   >>
>   >>  C:\oracle\ora81\Apache\Apache\Apache.exe -v
>   >>  Server version: Apache/1.3.12 (Win32)
>   >>  Server built: Nov 8 2000 20:08:38
>   >>
>   >>  Service: OracleOraHome81HTTPServer
>   >>
>   >>  [2] SSL / https
>   >>
> >> [3] Apparently, the service crashes when accessed by Firefox browsers,
>   >>  not Internet Explorer.
>   >>
> >> [4] Following error_log message correlates with crashed service; but,
>   >>  service does NOT always crash when this error occurs:
>   >>
>   >>  [crit] (10038)An operation was attempted on something that is not a
>   >>  socket: Parent: WSADuplicateSocket failed for socket 284.
>   >>
> >> It is always: "10038" ; always "WSADuplicateSocket" ; always "socket
> 284"
>   >>
>   >>  What else do you need to identify the root cause?
>   >>
>   >>  How can we correct this problem and prevent this problem from
> recurring?
>   >>
>   >>  I appreciate all assistance in resolving this issue.
>
>   >  Mike,
>   >
>   >  Are you really still running 1.3.12?
>   >
>   >  Frank
>
> Yes.  I've googled the error, and others have experienced it on v2.x
> apache - so, something with this problem is apache version agnostic.
>
> My client fears tampering with version dependencies.  Notice that their
> application is on Oracle v8.1x.  Nothing about this problem is vendor
> supported, which is why I'm consulting on this.
>
> If they're right, and this problem only occurs with Firefox, there
> should be several less invasive solutions.
>
> Please, advise.

Of course, you noticed that this is running Oracle v8.1x ...

I'd settle for any ideas from the Apache community. How would you troubleshoot this as a web server issues?

What is Apache error # 10038?

Where are Apache configurations for sockets?

How could a Firefox browser session introduce a socket to a session that is NOT introduced in an IE session?

Thank you, for your consideration. I'm simply trying to troubleshoot this as far as I can.

Also, I initially prepared this client for a scenario that we may need to REJECT Firefox browsers at session initialization. What may be the simplest, most effective way to accomplish this?

If ever I can be of service to you; contact me at once.

I wish for you a truly extraordinary day ...

--
Best Regards,

Mike Schleif
612-235-6060