----- Forwarded Message ----
From: James Godrej <jamesgod...@yahoo.in>
To: us...@tomcat.apache.org
Sent: Tue, 1 February, 2011 7:10:38 PM
Subject: Apache as a front end for a Tomcat application

Hi,
I am trying to use Apache as a front end to an application which runs on a
Tomcat server.
On lan I am able to correctly see it but from internet things are not working.
I tried understanding mod_jk page but I was unable to get to the correct
settings.
apache vhost can be read here
http://pastebin.com/L32D6ii5
following is the application I am trying to get up and running

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+2.7
(the binary version of above page).
On lan it is accessible
http://192.168.1.4:8080/portal
perfectly but from internet I am not clear as what is wrong with it.