----- Original Message ----

Ok but if I create a different vhost for sakai instance then how will I
differentiate the requests i.e. I have a virtual host for research.openitup.in

and another vhost for sakai also will have same server name
research.openitup.in.

Suppose I create a new virtual host as you said then what would be the  server
name because this also has to come from research.openitup.in

so same server name and root / redirected at two places.