----- Original Message ----
From: Martin Kuba <ma...@ics.muni.cz>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Wed, 2 February, 2011 6:21:50 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] apache as a front end to tomcat instance

>Hi,

>the forward from Apache to Tomcat for /portal using AJP is correct, however
>the second forward using HTTP defined by the directive

>ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.4/

exactly here I am trying to tell that the main website's root / is itself
running on some maching inside lan and not on the server where Apache is
running
as you expected.

>is most likely wrong, as the main page from /portal links to CSS
>http://research.openitup.in/library/skin/default/portal.css
>which is not a CSS but some HTML page with embedded video.

>Probably you want to replace that with

>ProxyPass / ajp://192.168.1.4:8009/

No the main website research.openitup.in it is itself coming from a proxy
situation I can not redirect / two times.
The main website itself is running behind a proxy and then this instance also
can not be configured behind proxy.