Thanks for that feed back, the OS is Windows 2003 R2 SP1

From: John Hudak [mailto:jjhu...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:16 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] New to apache

I am a little surprised that they didn't recommend updating to 2.2.25 (the
latest in the 2.2.x branch) or move up to 2.4.x branch.  In any case.....
What OS are you using?
I don't have the changes/issues from 2.2.9  through 2.2.15 in my head....If you
read the release notes for those versions, they should outline what changed and
what may need to be changed on your system.
My experience is that doing just about any Apache upgrade usually breaks
something.  They way I do it is to read the release notes and make sure I
understand the potential side effects of the update and  then look into
solutions to those potential problems so that if I do have a side effect, I
have some chance of resolving it.  I am not doing the upgrades on a production
system so I don't have the speed urgency.
If it is a production system, can you clone it, try the upgrade, see if it
works, and then switch over to the upgraded system??

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Tim Charron