Hi folks,

I have a Python ornado base websocket application that listens on a
Unix domain socket. It was initially written to work with nginx as its
frontend webserver.

Now i'm trying to make it work with Apache but it seems that
mod_proxy_wstunnel is not meant to work with Unix domain sockets.

What I tried so far in my configuration:

ProxyPass "/ws" "unix:/tmp/app.sock|ws://example.com/ws"

When I try to call this websocket endpoint with curl this shows up in
the Apache error log:

AH01144: No protocol handler was valid for the URL /ws. If you are
using a DSO version of mod_proxy, make sure the proxy submodules are
included in the configuration using LoadModule.

There seems to be a problem with URL parsing somewhere in the proxy
system. mod_proxy.so and mod_proxy_wstunnel.so are both loaded.

Does anyone have an idea what needs to be changed to make this work?

Cheers,
--
Michael Fladischer
Fladi.at