On 08/09/2016 07:22 AM, Paul Spangler wrote:
Though in our case, we only needed to use

AcceptFilter http connect
AcceptFilter https connect

rather than turning it off completely using "none". Setting it to
connect allows the server to recycle sockets.

I'll see if I can't look back into it and try to find a reproduction
case again that I can narrow down.

Thanks Paul!

At this point, my primary suspect is our use of recycled OVERLAPPED structs without reinitializing them to zero. To make matters worse, we're setting the OVERLAPPED's internal .Pointer field in the AcceptFilter 'data' case -- which we're not supposed to be doing to begin with [1]. We don't do that in the 'connect' filter.

This is all just theorycrafting, though. I'll try to reproduce on my end too.

--Jacob

[1] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms684342(v=vs.85).aspx (the Members > Pointer section)