On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 10:24 AM Matthew Goebel <mgoe...@emich.edu> wrote:

> Ah, and I've been looking at httpd instead of mod_ssl.so, this does in
> fact appear to be working... ugh... never mind me.

No worries, but please note that apr-util can be built linking to openssl,
and if that optional apr_crypto_openssl module is triggered before httpd
loads mod_ssl, it may resolve the wrong library, so you may want to get
the appropriate -R path into the apr-util build.

Also, apr-util can load one of many different keyed or relational DB
or ldap providers, most of which have linkages to a crypto provider.
Those may be hard-wired to load and require an older openssl, and
you will need to rebuild the whole db/sql/ldap provider lib against
the more modern openssl.