HHmm... okay.  The issue I'm having is that crypt() no longer seems to
exist in openssl 1.1.0, which is what apr_util is testing for, and when it
cannot find it in 1.1.0 it decides to use the 1.0.0 version
of the system libs....so apr-util and httpd are built with 1.0.0 and
mod_ssl with 1.1.0

  Guess I will try to contact some of the sites providing httpd 2.4.x
binaries with 1.1.0 support and ask about how they are handling apr-util.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Goebel : goe...@emunix.emich.edu : Unix Jockey @ EMU : Hail Eris
Neo-Student, Net Lurker, Donut consumer, and procrastinating medher...