On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 7:30 AM Osman Zakir <osmanzaki...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The Apache document root and the document root for the reverse proxy should
> be different, right?

Isn't Apache and the reverse proxy one and the same?

 > And do you mean I need to specify the document root for the reverse
proxy via the <Directory> directive?  Or do I just have to have that
somewhere above or below the ProxyPass line?  And if I specify the
reverse proxy document root in ProxyPass, I don't also need to specify
it for the virtual host, right?  As for the port number for the
reverse proxy, I'll try 8000 for now.

The DocumentRoot won't ever be used with your ProxyPass /.
If you later had ProxyPass of some more specific context root, like
/app, then your document root would be used when the request didn't
match the ProxyPass.

The relative position doesn't matter as long as they are in the same context.

> If I have this:
>
> <<Directory
> "E:/programming/visual_studio_2017/Projects/currency_converter/Release">
> </Directory>

> What should I put in there?

What do you expect Apache to do with files in there? You've been
talking about a reverse proxy.