From: Frank Gingras <thu...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:08 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] IP address used by Apache reverse proxy?

Osman,

Take a step back, you're all over the place. You need to focus on one task at a
time, else you will never finish configuring your server.

For the vhost, again, if you use ProxyPass / http://target/, then you do *not*
need set set a DocumentRoot, as every single request will be proxied.

If you proxy a specific URI path, i.e. ProxyPass /foo http://target/bar, then
do *do* need a DocumentRoot to handle the requests that do not begin with /foo.

For SSL/TLS, determine first if you want httpd to do the termination, or if
your backend speaks TLS.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 4:45 PM Osman Zakir