On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 12:18 Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been using server side includes since I started my websites on Apache
> Any suggestions for SSI replacement with a more asynchronous method?

Let me be more specific about the data flow I'm using with the landing
(home) page of my websites:

+ the first SSI line executes a CGI program that extracts the CGI and
SSL variables and their values. Data of interest include: requesting
IP, email address in the SSL client certificate, time of page load

+ the second line executes a CGI program that generates a link to a
page that presents the current and past statistics of the visitor
based on the stats in the db updated with the first CGI program

-Tom