Hi Dan,

Sounds good (for internet facing apps).

In my opinion, web UI's for internal applications were a big step backwards for
enterprises - clumsy for users and expensive to build (at least before ISIS
came along) compared to rich clients. I guess web technology has advanced to a
point where it has almost caught up with rich client technology of 15 years ago
but that's hardly something to crow about. The argument put forward for web
UI's in the enterprise was "zero maintenance" in terms of the desktop (all the
difficulties of packaging and distribution of rich clients eliminated) but then
rich clients caught up in that area (at least for Java). But then comes along
smart phones and tablets and html5 that potentially changes the game again. Or
maybe not - html5 turns out to not be the panacea it was touted to be and now
we are back to the future with the horrible incompatibilities of vendors
implementations and versions. Facebook recently publicly vented on this subject
and have declared the end of
 their romp with html5 and a return to native.

With ISIS able to generate many viewers, then perhaps we are looking at the
real game changer in the enterprise being ISIS.

The DnD viewer I understood was a highly productive desktop UI for DSW? of
Ireland. Should it not live on in the form of a JFX based viewer? Then the
alternative jscript based viewer(s) could deliver to a variety of portable
devices or instead  a native iOS and Android ISIS and Metro? app generated
viewer.

The wicket viewer is good. However, bouncing around different objects to get a
view of information in a "graph" can be frustrating even with the sliding
bookmark bar when you want to go back a few steps but I guess less frustrating
than one of those damn wizards that forces you along a particular process.

Sometimes (maybe often) it is preferable to present an aggregated view of
information in the UI from an object graph instance. One could achieve this
with a custom UI (e.g. calling the ISIS domain RO viewer) however I'm thinking
why not simply use a (transient) ISIS object instead and treat it as a UI model
component which from my point of view simply amounts to making it transient and
putting it in a package that indicates that it is not part of the domain layer
and ensure that this "UI" object has a dependency on the domain layer but never
the other way around ( no dom object should depend on the UI). To give you an
example: Say I have a Human Resource domain (with
Person--->Employment--->PositionAssigment--->Position--->OrgUnit--->Organisation)
 but I want to implement an easy to enterprise resource directory so that users
could quickly search for people in the organisation and once found display all
the relevant and permitted information about the
 person on a single page so that the user doesn't have to bounce around the dom
graph to get this information. So I have a StaffDetails aggregating object in
the UI that dynamically aggregates the relevant information from the dom object
graph by calling dom behaviour. Similarly I might want to implement a MyDetails
UI object for the same reason. Does that make sense? To me, taking this
approach makes the wicket viewer a lot more acceptable to users.

Regards,
David.