Phillip

>From a commercial standpoint it is worth noting that several major triple
store vendors actually use various parts of the Jena stack to provide some
parts of their RDF and SPARQL implementations.

Details differ by vendor but my rough understanding is as follows:

- Cray (my employer) uses the ARQ library for SPARQL parsing and
optimisation
- IBM uses ARQ and Fuseki as the Java and HTTP front ends to their RDF
store
(http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/db2/linux-unix-windows/nosql-support.h
tml)
- Oracle uses ARQ as their Java API to their RDF store
(https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/RDFRM/sem_jena.htm#RDFRM234)

All of these vendors have made presentations about their RDF stores at
various conferences if you are interested in more details and use cases.
These vendors would not be selling these products if they did not have
customers buying these products.

Like any technology Apache Jena by itself does not magically deliver, it
is a framework that enables you to implement a whole range of different
approaches and whether they are "for real" really depends on what you want
to do and how well you execute it.

Rob