In between TDB and Fuseki is ARQ, which is Jena's SPARQL implementation.

https://jena.apache.org/documentation/query/index.html

ARQ can be used with a variety of backends, including in-memory systems and
on-disk databases like TDB. Fuseki is mostly responsible for HTTP management
and handing queries and updates to ARQ. It is ARQ that talks to TDB.

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library