Greetings Tina,

If you come to think about it, what happens to a Web page in Google
Search's results listing if you take out Schema.org markup? you're only
left with human readable information, this is only from a presentation
point of view, think Information Retrieval and this thing called the SW
makes a lot of sense to use.

Moving on to Inferences, if you used the right Ontology, you could start to
infer newer facts that we've never stored in the triple store in the first
place, among many other things

It's like Lorenz pointed, you're comparing the Web of Data to a Web of
Documents.

--

The information in this email and attachments is privileged and
confidential and may not be disclosed without the express permission of the