Thanks for the KIP!

One meta question: Will users that are currently using the existing testing
code with the "classifier:test" approach:

      1) have access to the new testing utilities without updating
the gradle.build file
      2) can they continue to use the current testing code with the
classifier approach?

A question on the KIP itself.   Since we have factory methods for creating
`ConsumerRecord` objects where we can either override or use the default
topic do we still all overloads on `ConsumerRecordFactory`?

Maybe we could just have constructors specifying the default topic and
users could provide "null" if not wanting to specify a topic when creating
the `ConsumerRecordFactory`.

Even though this is an initial KIP, I agree that adding some helper methods
for result verification would be a good idea, but I don't think it should
hold up the KIP process if we don't get to it on this pass.

Otherwise, it's a +1 from me.

Thanks,
Bill