Hi Everyone!

I am trying to setup kannel on debian using standard deb packages.

My smsc is basically providing me an smpp connectivity.

Here is what i have in kannel.conf right now

# CORE
group = core
admin-port = 13000
admin-password = pwd
status-password = pwd
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/kannel.log"
log-level = 0
access-log = "/var/log/kannel/access.log"
smsbox-port = 13001
store-file = "/var/log/kannel/kannel.store"

# SMSC
group = smsc
smsc = smpp
host = x.x.x.x
port = 1234
smsc-username = "user"
smsc-password = "pass"
system-type = "SMS"
keepalive = 50

# SMSBOX SETUP
group = smsbox
bearerbox-host = localhost
sendsms-port = 13131
sendsms-chars = "0123456789+"
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/smsbox.log"
log-level = 0
access-log = "/var/log/kannel/access.log"

# SEND-SMS USERS
group = sendsms-user
username = sms
password = pwd

# SMS SERVICE 'Default'
# there should be default always
group = sms-service
keyword = default
exec = /usr/local/bin/kannel_incoming %t %q %a

With the above, my kannel starts up properly and log files show that the connection to the smsc has been made.

I have tested that kannel is sending the message also to the smsc and the message is getting delivered to my handset also.

lynx --dump
"http://127.0.0.1:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=sms&password=pwd&to=NUMBER&text=hello&from=anand&mclass=1";

Now what i wanted to know is

1. Is it ok to use the deb packages, or should i compile kannel ?
2. Can i store all messages being send out by kannel inside a database ? mysql / postgresql (will prefer later) 3. Can kannel store the delivery receipts of all messages ? If yes then can it be stored in the same mysql/ postgresql database ?

I tried to look up in the mailing list and googled and the only thing i can find is kannel stores the message only temporarily in mysql and not permanent.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

--
regards,

Anand Gupta