Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

>> I'm running Fedora-24(beta)/KDE,
>> and sendmail/email (through KMail) is failing.
>
> Then you're on the wrong mailing list. For general F24 issues, use the
> Fedora Test list (F24 isn't released yet). For KDE issues the Fedora
> KDE list deals with both current and unreleased versions.

I agree that that is the theoretical position.
However, people have had the same problem on Fedora 23,
and virtually all versions of Fedora for the last couple of years,
so I doubt if it has anything to do with Fedora-24.

Do you really think there is likely to be some development
with Fedora-24 before it comes out officially
that will affect this issue.
I think it is very unlikely.

I will try on the Fedora Test list,
though my experience is that the chance of getting a helpful answer there
to a question like this is very low.

If in fact the issue has something to do with systemd -
which seems the general opinion -
I would have hoped that someone who can play with systemd
in a sensible way might be able to suggest a solution.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net