On 05/25/2016 05:08 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
I'm running Fedora-24(beta)/KDE,
and sendmail/email (through KMail) is failing.
When I try to send email I get the warning "Failed to transmit message",
and journalctl has the entry
"sendmail.service: PID file /run/sendmail.pid not readable (yet?)
  after start:  No such file or directory".

My first suggestion is to run postfix instead. :-)

Assuming that is not acceptable, what does "systemctl status sendmail" show? Open a couple of terminal windows, run "tail -f/var/log/audit/audit.log" in one and "journalctl -f --all" in the other. Then try "systemctl restart sendmail" and see what output you get from that and what shows up in those other terminal windows.