On Wed, 2018-03-21 at 08:10 +1100, Stephen Morris wrote:
> Just my 2 cents worth on this, relative to the top posting, different
> countries have different requirements, so you may have to keep reminding
> people that this list has a different convention. I have Thunderbird
> configured to top post, and understanding the conventions of this list I
> work around that, but here in Australia it is considered rude to not Top
> Post, and if you don't Top Post, your mail is immediate grounds for it
> to be moved to the "round filing cabinet" without being read.

Top-posting is specifically discouraged by the Guidelines of this and
other lists hosted by Fedora, not to mention many other mailing lists
of a technical nature. Please read:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Proper_posting_style

Users of corporate email systems are accustomed to top-posting, and
this is reinforced by the default configuration of many mail clients,
which seem to blindly follow the method dictated by Outlook. However
the corporate world has little experience of discussion lists such as
this one and uses mailing lists mainly for distribution. There is also
a culture of copying everything over and over again, which top-posting
encourages, with little or any effort made to edit redundant material
when quoting. When a list lends itself to multiple threaded
discussions, often many layers deep, and when the entire history of
posts is maintained in an online archive, this is simply inane.

poc