On Tue, 2018-03-20 at 22:20 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > Top-posting is specifically discouraged by the Guidelines
> > of this and other lists hosted by Fedora, not to mention
> > many other mailing lists of a technical nature. Please
> > read:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Proper_posting_style
>
> This reminded me that we used to include a link to the
> guidelines in the list footer (and in the list welcome
> message).  Not everyone reads it no matter how often we may
> include it, but it surely helps raise awareness a little.
>
> With the move to mailman3, the list footer cannot be set via
> the web-based admin interface.  I dug into the mailman3
> documentation and filed an infrastructure ticket to see
> about adding guidelines link back to the list footer for
> this list.
>
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/6794

Thanks. I tried to bring this up recently (in the thread at:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/EP7DQ36TJB5G3KGV4FPUQ7D6TKOF24NV/
but nothing happened. You've gone the extra mile and looked into how it
can be done. I'd also like to suggest an explicit URL for the list
archive in the message footer, which did used to be there. I know it's
in the message headers, but these aren't clickable in many MUAs.

(I also think the new archive system is significantly less useful than
the old one, but that's a different topic).

poc