>email.  Of course my text is below the part immediately visible in the
>little preview window, so they assumed that I hadn't written anything.

I have had some positive feedback saying this here and while it is a bit
extreme I think it is also a good compromise.

Don't quote the entire email. In fact, don't quote anything at all when you
reply. On k-9 mail there's a little x button (in the default config) that I can
click to get rid of all the quotes text.

I think we should always do that except when you want to call attention to a
particular snippet (I hope no more than about three lines).

I love you all.

Sincerely,