On 05/09/2018 10:04 PM, home user via users wrote:
Well, actually, this new printer is an HP Color Laser Jet Pro M180nw, according to its
box.  The model is "HP ColorLaserJet MFP M178-M181 PCL 6".  The HP web site
says it's a member of the M180-181 series.

Based on your post, I went to directory "/usr/share/ppd/HP/", did a simple "ls" and looked at the
long output", and did "ls | grep color_laserjet > ~/lsout.txt".  There were 147 ppd files that
match.  I fpasted the output to the Fedora pastebin.  It can be viewed here:
"https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/EDBA-M3kI7HDabzD-1shRQ";
Not surprising: no exact match.  I don't know how a closest one is determined, but I
notice that none of what came out of your grep indicated color, but all mine did.  But
yours all have the "nw" in the file name, none of mine do.  Considering I'm
connecting to it solely via a USB cable (no network), and it's a color printer (and I do
need the color), is hp-laserjet_pro_mfp_m126nw still the best choice?  If not, what is?
I didn't send anything with nw in the name. You should use the closest .ppd to your own printer in the line I sent, or even post to HP for their assistance. The post I sent is very similar to an install
for an Epson color inkjet. (I'm not "home user."_

--doug