On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 at 15:09, vipul kumar via users <
users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm a Debian user(from almost 3 years). And I've question Why should I
> choose Fedora over Debian as a my operating system?

Well, Fedora users have concerns over the long-term direction of Fedora.
 Debian policies put more emphasis on
freedom which means some hardware and software won't be supported as well
as it might be under Fedora.

I see several useful answers, but some flavored by past experiences.
 Debian has stable and unstable versions, roughly like
CentOS and Fedora, respectively, so be way of the comments about older and
newer versions of software.   Linux has
been changing so rapidly that last year's experience may not be relevant
today.   Some hardware may work well with Fedora
but not Debian, or vice versa.

For me, community is important when choosing a distro.  What distro are
your colleagues using?  If you have a "mission critical"
application check which distros are most popular with users of that
application.   Look at the quality of the forums.
Ubuntu forums tend to have many new users with a Windows background.   Some
linux users "give back" by offering
support to such users, but others find the noise makes it harder to track
down solutions to their problems.   Fedora forums
have users who started on mainframes, which gives a very different
perspective on linux than the younger generation.

--
George N. White III