On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 10:43:07 -0500
Robert Moskowitz <r...@htt-consult.com> wrote:

> IMAP is just more functional than POP ever was with better security
> features; though Peter Resnick of Qualcomm would regal us with
> stories of maintaining Eudora for their CEO for years after there
> were other better choices, but he started on Eudora, and it was
> Qualcomm's product and he was going to keep using it...  Worked for
> me!

I noticed that IMAP is SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW because Claws
checks every folder for new mail, when my email is only filtered when
I launch Claws.

I did find a way to right click on a folder and go to properties and
uncheck " CHECK FOR MAIL"... So basically Claws skips over checking
that folder for new mail.

> I switched all those years ago from Eudora to Thunderbird, still POP.
> There was a nice utility to convert Eudora mail folders to that used
> by Thunderbird.  In fact just last year an old friend was FINALLY
> getting of Eudora and asked if anyone knew how, so I dug the program
> out of my archives for him.
>
> Over all these years I have been using Thunderbird with all its
> warts. But then really they all have warts.

I don't think that I could use TB... I like the MH file format, less
chance of corruption.

> Oh and just updated my wife from Thunderbird on XP to Thunderbird on
> Win10, and she is complaining on how things are different...

Good lord!!!!Your wife was still using Windows XP and had XP hooked up
to the internet?

Chris