On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 12:15:42PM -0600, fed...@cwm030.com wrote:

[ ... ]

So I am just curious if there is any POP users still out there

Me! ... :)

And what are some pros and cons switching to IMAP?

Why should I need IMAP?

With `fetchmail', that I use, it seems I can even keep emails on the
remote POP server - I usually just don't need that.

And what program do you use on Fedora for your email?

Mutt.

But I'd recommend clawsmail easily to anyone needing reliable email
software.

The reasons I have mutt is simply because I've had it for decades;
except for an `outlook' account I got sendmail working (I'm still
wondering how I did that); and I really like the looks of email in a
decently coloured terminal.

That clawsmail feature when setting up an email account - just one
example - to find the server ports for an account by simply telling
the program to find them - that's just wild ..

There's one thing I miss in clawsmail, and that is permanent mail
logs, i.e. logs that are saved somewhere to disk after closing the
program.

HTH
Wolfgang