03.12.2011, 13:48, "Sam Varshavchik" <mr...@courier-mta.com>:
>  It's not that stuff has merely changed. It's that the stuff has changed,
>  major parts of existing functionality were removed without having any
>  functional replacements

There is no arguing that the new GNOME 3 is a significant change. But what you
had with GNOME 2 was a result of about a decade of development. You want the
same user experience, the same functionality today while it takes months to
port all the stuff that you may not even know is to stay in GNOME. I wonder,
when the GNOME 2 came out, was it something largely accepted.

>  and every time someone points this out, they're
>  told that they're too stupid to know what's good for them, and this is The
>  Better Way.

I think you're exaggerating. Noone from the GNOME project could have actually
told you that.

>  Gnome 3 came without any kind of a sensors CPU widget.

GNOME 3 is much more extensible than any other previous version of GNOME, it is
made to receive many kinds of extensions AND IT WILL.

04.12.2011, 03:56, "Bill Davidsen" <david...@tmr.com>:
> And scrapping all your old computers because they don't have magic video
> cards for visual cruft is not in the cards.

Old hardware receives the classic user experience in the form of fallback mode.
But if you want the exact GNOME 2 with no option to compromise, the attitude
you may receive may simply become your payback.

04.12.2011, 00:26, "Scott Doty" <sc...@ponzo.net>:
>  ...and I daresay any such _Linux_ distribution won't go very far, when
>  its fearless leader has such a low opinion of _Linus_.

I absolutely undrestand that you like Linus. But don't you forget that Linus is
a long time KDE user, and that's a different view on user interface and
usability. We love GNOME for being GNOME unless switch DE easily and stop
complaining. Knowing that Linus likes to troll both developers and users from
time to time, it's funny to see the adherents of ye olde GNOME coming up with
the quotes to support their point of view, especially when those are rather
positive.

04.12.2011, 04:04, "Marko Vojinovic" <vvma...@gmail.com>:
>  It takes a certain personality profile to be able to
>  use Fedora successfully. Most notably the ability to embrace new
> technologies,
>  the ability to put up with occasional rough edges, and the ability to handle
>  steep learning curves.

That is, Fedora is the future now.

--
Best regards,
Email: shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, IRC: misha on freenode