Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> writes:

> Am 12.07.2013 21:57, schrieb lee:
>> The upgrade from 17 to 18 silently broke apache because the
>> configuration had changed.  That is something that shouldn't happen, the
>> devs know when there are changes like that and make sure the users are
>> informed accordingly.
>
> don't get me wrong but if you hvae manually configured services
> especially a webserver it's your job to look *before* you upgrade
> if there is a major change and prepare your manual configuration
> for it - untouched configuration is updated

The release notes only say: "The Apache httpd package has been upgraded
to version 2.4.3-1, which contains numerous security and performance
fixes."[1]

There is no mentioning of configuration changes.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Release_Notes/sect-Release_Notes-Changes_for_Sysadmin.html#idm33317472

--
"Object-oriented programming languages aren't completely convinced that
you should be allowed to do anything with functions."