Ankush Kaul wrote:

@gus
we are not able to make hpl sucessfully.
i think it has to do something with blas i cannot find blas tar file on the net, i found rpm but de installation steps is with tar file.

First of all, this mail list is for Open MPI issues. On this list are people who are helpful and know about lots of stuff (including things having anything at all to do with MPI), but HPL and HPCC have their own support mechanisms and you should probably pursue those for HPL questions.

Anyhow, if I google "blas", I immediately come up with netlib.org, which is where you can get a BLAS source tar file. I've had to go through the HPL experience myself in the last 0-2 days, and it seems to me that the netlib.org site is not responding. So, one can google "netlib mirror" to find mirror sites, poke around a little, and end up getting BLAS from the Sandia mirror site.

Short version:  try http://netlib.sandia.gov/blas/blas.tgz

I found a gotcha. I changed the "g77" in the BLAS/make.inc file to become mpif77. Also, in the HPL hpl/Make.$ARCH file, I used mpif77 for the linker. This way, some Fortran I/O routines used by blas (xerbla.f) will be found at link time. (I was using HPL from HPCC. Not sure if your HPL is the same.)