Von: users [mailto:users-boun...@open-mpi.org] Im Auftrag von Jeff Squyres
(jsquyres)
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. November 2014 15:10
An: Open MPI User's List
Betreff: Re: [OMPI users] OPENMPI-1.8.3: missing fortran bindings for MPI_SIZEOF

On Nov 6, 2014, at 8:55 AM, <michael.rach...@dlr.de> <michael.rach...@dlr.de>
wrote:

> I agree fully with omitting the explicit interfaces from  mpif.h   . It is an
> important  resort for legacy codes.
> But, in the mpi and mpi_f08 module  explicit interfaces are required for
> all(!)  MPI-routines.
> So far, this is not fulfilled in MPI-versions I know.

Bugs happen.

I think you're saying that we don't intend to have all the routines in the mpi
and mpi_f08 modules.  That's not correct.  We *do* have all explicit MPI
interface in the mpi and mpi_f08 modules.  If some are missing -- like
WIN_ALLOCATE was just discovered to be missing in the 1.8.3 release -- those
are bugs.  We try really hard to avoid bugs, but sometimes they happen.  :-(

Are you aware of other routines that are missing from the OMPI mpi / mpi_f08
modules?

For corporate legal information go to: