"Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)" <jsquy...@cisco.com> writes:

> There are several reasons why MPI implementations have not added explicit
> interfaces to their mpif.h files, mostly boiling down to: they may/will break
> real world MPI programs.
>
> 1. All modern compilers have ignore-TKR syntax,

Hang on!  (An equivalent of) ignore_tkr only appeared in gfortran 4.9
(the latest release) as far as I know.  The system compiler of the bulk
of GNU/Linux HPC systems currently is distinctly older (and the RHEL
devtoolset packaging of gcc-4.9 is still beta).  RHEL 6 has gcc 4.4 as
te system compiler and Debian stable has 4.7 and older.

I'm just pointing that out in case decisions are being made assuming
everyone has this.  No worries if not.