I have several questions about integration of openmpi with resource queuing
systems.

1.
I understand that openmpi supports integration with various resource
distribution systems such as SGE, LSF, torque etc.

I need to build an openmpi application that can interact with variety of
different resource distribution systems, since different customers have
different systems. Based on my research, it seems that I need to build a
different openmpi installation to work, e.g. create an installation of opempi
with grid and create a different installation of openmpi with LSF. Is there a
way to build a generic installation of openmpi that can be used with more than
1 distribution system by using some generic mechanism?

2.
For integration with LSF/grid, how would I specify the memory (RAM) requirement
(or some other parameter) to bsub/qsub, when launching mpirun command? Will
something like below work to ensure that each of the 8 copies of a.out have 40
GB memory reserved for them by grid engine?

qsub -pe orte 8 -b y -V -l m_mem_free=40G -cwd mpirun -np 8 a.out

3.
Some of our customers use custom distribution engine (some
non-industry-standard distribution engine). How can I integrate my openmpi
application with such system? I would think that it should be possible to do
that if openmpi launched/managed interaction with the distribution engine using
some kind of generic mechanism (say, use a configurable command to launch,
monitor, kill a job and then allow specification of a plugin define these
operations with commands specific to the distribution engine being in use).
Does such integration exist in openmpi?

Thanks,
Vipul