mpirun doesn’t get access to that requirement, nor does it need to do so. SGE
will use the requirement when determining the nodes to allocate. mpirun just
uses the nodes that SGE provides.

What your cmd line does is restrict the entire operation on each node (daemon +
8 procs) to 40GB of memory. OMPI does not support per-process restrictions
other than binding to cpus.