Stupid reply from me. You do know that Infiniband adapters operate without
an IP address?
Yes, configuring IPOIB is a good idea - however Infiniband adapters are
more than 'super ethernet adapters'
I would run the following utilities to investigate your Infiniband fabric

sminfo
ibhosts
ibdiagnet

Then on one of the compute nodes