On my Mac I build Open MPI 5 with (among other flags):

--with-hwloc=internal --with-libevent=internal --with-pmix=internal

In my case, I should have had libevent through brew, but it didn't seem to
see it. But then I figured I might as well let Open MPI build its own for
convenience.

Matt

--
Matt Thompson
   “The fact is, this is about us identifying what we do best and