From: users <users-boun...@lists.open-mpi.org> on behalf of Matt Thompson via
users <users@lists.open-mpi.org>
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2023 1:38 PM
To: Open MPI Users <users@lists.open-mpi.org>
Cc: Matt Thompson <fort...@gmail.com>; Christophe Peyret
<christophe.pey...@onera.fr>
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI 5.0.0 & Intel OneAPI 2023.2.0 on MacOS 14.0:

I have built Open MPI 5 (well, 5.0.0rc12) with Intel oneAPI under Rosetta2 with:

 $ lt_cv_ld_force_load=no ../configure --disable-wrapper-rpath
--disable-wrapper-runpath \
    CC=clang CXX=clang++ FC=ifort \
    --with-hwloc=internal --with-libevent=internal --with-pmix=internal

I'm fairly sure the two wrapper flags are not needed, I just have them for
historical reasons (long ago I needed them and until they cause an issue, I
just keep all my flags around).

Maybe it works for me because I'm using clang instead of icc? I can "get away"
with that because the code I work on is nearly all Fortran so the C compiler is
not as important to us. And all the libraries we care about seem happy with
mixed ifort-clang as well.

If you don't have a driving need for icc, maybe this will let things work?

On Mon, Nov 6, 2023 at 8:55 AM Volker Blum via users